COVID-19 POLICIES FOR LIVE EVENTS
REVISED OCTOBER 28th, 2022
Our top priority is the health and safety of our audience, musicians, volunteers, staff, and everyone that chooses to come to one of ECO’s wonderful live events. While there is no way to absolutely guarantee safety from COVID-19 transmission, the ECO board has developed a set of policies and procedures that are designed to keep all participants safe to the greatest extent possible.
1) ECO does not require, but strongly recommends the use of a medical mask / respirator (N95, KN95, KF94) at our events, as they are the most effective at reducing transmission.
2) ECO no longer requires proof of vaccination to attend events, but recommends that attendees 5 years or older who initially received the Pfizer, Moderna or J&J COVID-19 vaccine, a booster dose with the updated Pfizer or Moderna Bivalent Omicron vaccine is highly recommended (you can receive an updated booster as soon as 2 months after your last Covid vaccine or 3 months after a Covid infection). CDC states “You are up to date with your COVID-19 vaccines if you have completed a COVID-19 vaccine primary series and received the most recent booster dose recommended for you by CDC.” (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/stay-up-to-date.html?s_cid=11706:cdc%20covid%20booster:sem.ga:p:RG:GM:gen:PTN:FY22)
The Novavax monovalent booster is also available in limited situations for those 18+. Per the CDC the Novavax booster should only be used in those who received a primary series if “they cannot or will not receive mRNA vaccines.” https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2022/s1019-novavax.html
3) All attendees must be free of the following COVID-related symptoms for at least 7 days prior to the concert:
– Cold symptoms
– Fever or chills
– Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
– Chest tightness
– Unusual fatigue
– Unusual muscle, body, or head aches
– Reduced / altered sense of taste or smell
– Sore throat
– Congestion or runny nose (even if you think it’s probably a cold or allergies!)
– Nausea or vomiting
By attending an Evergreen Chamber Orchestra concert, you acknowledge that A) you meet the criteria above, and B) that ECO’s COVID-19 Policies are not a guarantee against becoming infected with the virus.
Please help us create and maintain a safe environment to help everyone enjoy live music again!
If you have any questions or concerns prior to attending an ECO event, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.